Monday, March 9, 2009

Nosy Neighbor

I don't know if I will get a mom award today. First of all, my baby was either in pajamas or her underwear (aka onesie) all day. She even sported her pajamas to Wal-Mart. Yep, I said it. And I even let her eat day-old goldfish that were left in her car seat cup holder on the ride over.

See, it got really hot in her room last night, even with a fan, so I put her in a onesie. Then, I put her pajama pants over it while she played. She wore it to her nap and I decided that since she didn't sleep in them, I would just leave them on her. We weren't going anywhere, right? I realize I needed to go to Wal-Mart (no Target here yet), so might as well put on the matching top. We get in the car and she spots the goldfish from yesterday. I thought she had eaten them. She grabbed one and put it in her mouth. Oh well. I don't think I brushed her hair either.

When we get home it was hot, so I took the pajamas off. She stood at the window, staring at the kids across the street. So nosy.




On another note. She threw away her own diaper today. I changed her in the living room and was looking at the tv, I turn and notice she has taken off with her dirty diaper. I walk up to her before she turns the corner and she reaches up to give it to me. I ask her if she was throwing it away. She reaches for it back. I give it to her and then she proceeds to the trash can with it. I open the lid and she tosses it in. How smart is that? And gross, should I have let my baby carry a dirty diaper? See, no mom award today.

6 comments:

Gabe and Monica said...

oh gurrrrrl! It happens...I have even had days where I don't make it out of my pajamas, let alone the kids! And the dirty diaper trick...that's awesome! I kinda feel as long as she's not sticking her hand IN the dirty diaper things are good! You are a good mommy! Hope you guys are doing wonderful!

The Fox Family said...

A true "award-winning" Mom realizes that it doesn't matter what she wore or if her hair was brushed but that she had a cool "pressure free" day with her little Girl. You are ROCKSTAR mom!

Gloria Furman said...

haha-- aliza throws away her diapers AND her sister's. i definitely don't get a trophy either :)

Renee & Sheldon said...

No award for me I guess either since Pierce throws his away too...and anything else you hand him that's trash!

The Craftypigs said...

Oh I beg to differ. You dressed her, fed her, changed her and entertained her. Yep - you get an award.

Angbrad03 said...

Are you kidding, you are a great mom?! You fostered her independence by allowing her to throw away her own diaper (not like you let her play IN the diaper). You bolstered her immune system with the day-old goldfish crackers. :) And she got to do all this in comfy clothes--no battles about wardrobe, no struggles with the hairbrush, just a relaxed day with mom.