Friday, March 20, 2009

Little Miss Muffet

Yesterday, Eliana had her first experience with 8 legged friends. I was in the living room and I heard a horrible, and loud, cry/scream from Eliana. She was in the kitchen. I rush quickly to her. She is just standing there crying. I looked to see what the problem could be, and I see a little, bitty spider on the floor. She is just looking and screaming at it. The thing was only about 1/4 of an inch in diameter. I got a napkin, got the spider and comforted my scared little girl. Later that afternoon, I hear the same scream. I rush to her playroom and she is just standing there again. I guessed it was a spider and quickly looked for it. I spotted it, got it and again tried to comfort my little girl. I can now see that she isn't a fan and maybe I need to spray the house!

I was thinking about it later that night. Thinking about my own fears. I am not a fan of spiders either, but when you aren't at home to have mom or dad to get them, you kind of have to suck it up. I used to be terrified of all thing insect, and even throw in a fear of snakes. I would make my little sister sleep with me, because I heard a cricket in the room. But I do know that if the biggest, scariest spider or the biggest, slimiest snake was scaring my little girl, I would protect her. How quickly we throw our own fears aside to protect the ones we love. I would throw myself in front of her without a thought. And some fears, almost turn into obstacles that we have to overcome, instead of fear. Obstacles that we have to get through to get to our baby.

1 comment:

Mageetribe said...

What is it with little girls and bugs?? Aiden has never screamed at a bug. Both Gracen and Grier scream and freak out every time...and they say there are no differences between boys and girls?! :)