Friday, June 20, 2008

Good Times with College Friends

After visiting Jason's parents, Eliana and I headed about 30 miles north to Bolivar, Missouri. Jason and I went to Southwest Baptist University there. I was able to stay 3 nights with my best friend from college and roommate of several years, Christa. She has 2 boys, so she enjoyed having a little girl around. Nathan, her husband also attended SBU, so we had a great time. And of course, he understands how funny Christa's mind works and had to endure the two of us. He thinks I rub off on her when I am around. Who, me? I love spending time with them, because I just laugh and laugh really, really hard. My friend Drew from college also lives there, so I was able to spend time with him, too. And one night another friend, Jon, came to have dinner with us. It was so fun to see all of them. It almost felt like old times. It was a little strange when Christa and I took the kids to the campus and walked around the union. It was like I could look across the union and see an image of myself back then and at the same time walking the same path with my baby. So many memories. One day we even had to duck and cover from a possible tornado. We went next door to a business and went in their basement. Nothing like nursing a baby in a dark, unfinished basement, in the middle of a storm! Eliana did great on the trip. Didn't skip a beat. She seemed to feel comfortable wherever we went.

Here is pic of me and my friends. From left to right, Drew, Me, Jon, Christa and Nathan.

No comments: