Saturday, June 28, 2008

Catchin' Up

Now that we have internet, it looks like I have some catchin' up to do, so here goes...

Jason's first Father's Day! What an exciting day. I have had the idea for his gift since I was pregnant and we found out we were having a girl. There are many special moments between a father and a daughter, but nothing compares to her wedding, where he gives her away and shares a dance with her. I didn't want that special moment to begin there, but on Father's Day. Each year, Jason and Eliana will share a dance, that is as long as she is home. I found a really cool scrapbook. It was more like a leather box. (A little more manly) It had two magnetic flaps that opened up to the photo pages inside. This year they danced to Stephen Curtis Chapman's, Cinderella. I placed the lyrics on one page and will place their picture on the other. Each year we will add to it, ending with that special dance on her wedding day. I wanted to make that dance so much more special to her. Here are a few pics of the book. The front quote says it all, "Though you grow before me, you're still my baby girl."



And here are a few pictures from their first dance on Father's Day 2008.

6 comments:

The Lashers said...

How cute is that!!!! Jason, you are such a happy, proud Dad and it shows in the pictures. It's also obvious how much Eliana loves her Daddy.

We hope ya'll are doing well. We miss ya love you guys.

Gabe and Monica said...

Oh my goodness Patti, I LOVE that tradition!!! So sweet! Eliana is beautiful.

eleventhirtysix images said...

That's such a beautiful idea, Patty!

Are you going to do the Patty Dance with her on every St. Patty's day? ;oP

Rick, Michelle, Jonah & Harper said...

what a wonderful gift-- and so thoughtful. I'm sure she will treasure it forever and of course Dad too.

Angbrad03 said...

What an awesome idea, Patty! I'm sure that scrapbook will be something she treasures forever! Eliana is growing so fast! She's adorable!

Jennifer Barnes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.