Sunday, June 22, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Maples' House

AKA longest post ever!

First I want to apologize for the late posts. We still don't have internet at our house, so I have to take what I can get. I am in Jason's office. Hopefully we will get internet soon. We also don't have phone or tv yet. Oh, the drama!

Anyway, I want to finish the pictures from our two week detour from Texas to West Virginia. After visiting my college friends, Eliana and I headed north to Kansas City, Missouri. Christa drove me, and although I was with her for four days, I feel like we had the best time talking on the 2-1/2 hour drive to my parents. Strapping the kids down does make a difference I guess. Eliana and I missed Jason dearly, but we had a great time with my family. I did put Jason on speaker phone a few times and Eliana would just smile. She had a lot of firsts away from her daddy. She walked in a walker. She had no problem with that one. She was all over the place. She sat up by herself, she sat in a swing, and played in a baby pool. Again, she did great sleeping even though it was a new place and another different crib. I was so proud of her. We kept her from some of her naps though, and the cranky face emerged. The girl has got to have her naps. Maybe she gets that from me. Mommy LOVES naps. Here are some pics from her adventure...

Eliana loved spending time with her Grandma Melissa


Grandpa Tommy sharing his words of wisdom with Eliana


Aunt Penny and Aunt Pam reluctantly posing for a picture


Hannah, a girl that mom babysits, and cousin Joy enjoying Eliana


Eliana and Hannah's sister, Alyssa catchin' some rays


"I think this rope looks really tasty. I must try to eat it."


"A stuffed toy that moves. Maybe I can pull its hair. That is if this box I am sitting in would stop moving."


"I love this swing Mommy."


Cousin Joy doing a great job at entertaining Eliana before her t-ball game


Eliana was a hit with all of Joy's teammates. I almost didn't have to use sunscreen with all of the kids blocking the sun wherever we went.


"If you get in my way, I must try to run you over."


"Yeah, we are almost home! I can't wait to see daddy!"
Eliana did great on the flight home. Although it was interesting getting through the airport by myself. FYI if you have a stroller travel system. All of it has to go through the x-ray machine. So, take the carseat with baby out first. Put the stroller through and then take the baby out of the carseat and put it through. Didn't know that, quite interesting doing all of that while holding the baby. We sat in front of two men on the plane and I heard them comment on a baby being in front of them. I thought, "I'll show you!" She slept the whole way. As soon as we took off and woke up right when we were getting ready to land.


We flew into Baltimore, so we went to the Cheesecake Factory at the harbor. It was so much fun and so beautiful. Eliana was excited to see her daddy! And so was I!



1 comment:

The Fox Family said...

YEAH! We are sooooo glad to see some pics of the Smith clan! We missed your smiling faces! So glad the travel went well... Mr. Smith looks quite happy to see his girls!