Monday, July 20, 2009

Summertime Fun

Jason and I had the opportunity to head home, to Missouri, for a 3 week vacation. We truly miss family and love for Eliana to get to spend time with them. Although, it ended with a tragedy, we made some great memories and Eliana had more fun than she could handle!


Making ice cream with PaPa. I don't know how much help she was sitting right in front of the handle!




Eliana and Gma Hayes. We had such a great time at Houston, MO with Gma. I think Eliana collected a lot more bruises and scrapes to add to her collection. She even got her first band aid.


PaPa and Eliana. Eliana had PaPa running all over the place at Gma's. She wanted to explore everything and everywhere.


Being nosy. Eliana loves to be nosy and look out the window. Eliana and Gma Hayes were checking to see what Gma and PaPa were doing.




Eliana, Gma Judy and Jason. It was so nice to see Eliana warm up to everyone so quickly. Especially with as little time as she gets to spend with them.


Gma Melissa's house. She got to go swimming everyday! It was easier to just put her swimsuit on when we let her outside.



4th of July. We had a wonderful 4th of July grilling and chilling. Eliana loved the fireworks. She would point to my nephew, who was lighting them, and then point to the sky. That was his cue it was time to light another one. Then she would get the biggest smile on her face.


Fun with snaps! Eliana got introduced to snaps by my sister, Penny and niece, Joy. We tried to teach her to step on them. When she did on accident she would laugh. She was pretty good at throwing them down, too.







Eliana, her cousin Joy and a flower necklace. What kid doesn't prance around wearing a beautiful one of a kind weed necklace.


Juice boxes! Eliana got to have her first juice box at Gma Melissa's and I must say it turned into an addiction. She could down those puppies in less than a minute!


Eliana got to go to the zoo for the first time, in KC. She loved it! It was so fun to see her face light up at every animal. She was so stinkin' excited.




As for the loss of our baby. I ended up passing the baby after a lot of heavy pain and bleeding, the night before I flew home. We almost had to rush me to the ER. The baby came out whole and intact and in my hand. Jason and I decided that when the time came, we would want to bury it. We were able to do that at a family cemetary. My dad does all things well, with such care and precision and honor. He mad a small white box for it with the baby's name engraved on the top. Since we didn't know the sex of the baby, Jason and I decided on a boy and girl's name. We named the baby, Tristan Natia Smith, meaning "Full of sorrow with hope".

4 comments:

Angbrad03 said...

I am glad you had a great visit with your family, just wish it hadn't ended with tragedy and sorrow. I can't believe how big Eliana is getting--she is a beautiful little girl.
I'm glad you and Jason were able to have some sort of closure with your loss--with my miscarriage, there was no burial, no name, no finality, and that made it seem so "trivial" to everyone else, but it was huge to me--I felt this awful disconnect. My world was falling apart, yet there was nothing to mark the day, no goodbye, and the world kept marching on like nothing had happened. I'm so glad you were able to do that, as difficult as it must have been. I am praying for healing and comfort in your lives, and I hope that you and Jason will draw nearer to one another in this time of grief.

wilderlamb said...

Patti I am so sorry. I knew it had to happen and am glad you got to bury Tristan. I wish I lived close.

Me said...

hugs...smiles...prayers...love you guys!

The Fox Family said...

Patty, you are an incredible woman. I love and miss you very much!

Eliana and Smith are pretty awesome too.