Monday, February 16, 2009

Beans in the Belfry


Today Eliana and I experienced a new place with a friend of mine and her 2 year old daughter. The third Monday of every month, Mister Don sings kids songs for preschoolers. The place is a 98 year old church that has been turned into an eclectic looking coffee shop. There is a small stage, toys and even a costume trunk. We get there early and Eliana takes off for the kids on the stage playing with the toys. She is walking all the time, but wobbles a little. She has just recently decided that walking is her main mode of transportation. I bring her back to me as Mister Don sets up for the music. He has a bag of instruments for the kids. He starts playing and Eliana starts dancing in front of me. She loves music! And she loves to dance! She danced more than any other kid. She went right up to the stage again to play with the instruments and even got on the stage several times. One time I looked over, she is standing on the stage, alone, staring up at Mister Don and then starts dancing and clapping to the music. I apologize in advance for the pics. It wasn't very bright and I had my small camera.


This is Eliana dancing. I should have hit video instead of camera. It was so cute to see her so excited and moving to the music.


This is one of the times she was on stage. This was just after she was standing there dancing in front of him. I guess she decided that she needed an instrument. That is what the bag is in front of her. He did encourage the kids to stand on the stage, she just happened to be the only one at that time. I was afraid she would go up to the microphone, but she didn't, thank goodness.


One fun day for one tired little girl. As soon as we got home, she went straight to bed. I had to wake her because it was after her dinner time.

1 comment:

wilderlamb said...

That sounds so fun! I love it when we can hear music.