Monday, October 20, 2008

Milk Already?

My little girl is growing up. Today was her first day to try milk for the first time. We have begun the weaning process. She hasn't been nursing much at all the past couple of weeks and is for the most part uninterested. She has always been a little lady that moves on to the next progressive step with ease, so I shouldn't be surprised. I didn't think I would get emotional, but it was hard not to. To see my little girl with her milk made me tear up. To think that soon, that part of our connection will be over, wow.

Here are a few pics of this experience. Of course she loved it!


3 comments:

The Craftypigs said...

Call me crazy but I'm thinking you'll be happy to have your boobs back.

Patty Smith, Graphic Designer said...

Oh, totally! It will be weird and nice all at the same time!

Angbrad03 said...

Weaning is tough. You're so happy to have your body back, yet you miss that special time so much once it is gone. Just take it slow, so you don't end up sore, and I'm sure you'll both do great!